When selling your home, there are a few things you can do (and not do) to ensure that you are getting the best price for your home. This includes everything from cleaning to advertising to working with others.
Here are 5 tips to help you get the most out of your home sale.
- Work with a Real Estate Agent
- Curb Appeal
- The first view that potential buyers will have of your home is the outside, and you need to make a good first impression
- During the spring and summer, make sure that your lawn is mowed and flower beds are manicured
- during the fall and winter months, be sure to rake up leaves and clear walkways of snow and ice
- Adding flowers (at any time) is also a good way to make your home seem inviting
- Make all of the necessary repairs
- Fix any holes/dents in walls and then give everything a fresh coat of paint
- make sure all of your systems (heating/cooling, water, and electric) are in working order
- replace old/outdated appliances
- have your carpets cleaned (or replaced, if necessary)
- Have your home staged
- If you don’t have an eye for detail, or simply don’t know what it means to “stage” a home, you need to hire a home stager.
- A home stager will help you de-clutter your home, remove personal items, rearrange furniture, and much more to help you attract potential buyers and get the best value for your home
- Pick the right price
- Ask your real estate agent to give you information on comparable homes that have sold recently in your area
- If you price your home too far above the average market price, your home most likely won’t sell, and you’ll end up losing a lot of money
- If you price your home too low, you’ll also lose money on the sale
Talk to a local real estate agent today about how you can get the most money out of your home!