Do you have spring fever? We do! After a long winter, it’s good to get out of the house and breathe the fresh air again. But with the return of warmer weather comes all of the upkeep: mowing grass, trimming trees, etc. If you need to take a break from pruning (or you’re not a nature person) never fear! There are plenty of events going on this month to keep you busy. Below are a few of our top picks in the New Albany area for the month of May. Enjoy!
Here are some of our top picks for May:
- Capital City Half Marathon – May 3, starts at 7:30 a.m., Downtown Columbus: Here’s one for runners! Choose from a half marathon, full marathon or a 5k that take you through popular Columbus neighborhoods. Make it a family event by bringing everyone to cheer you on! Learn more at the official web site.
- Columbus Children’s Theatre-Hansel and Gretel – May 1-11, multiple times, Columbus Children’s Theatre: Take your kids to see this classic fairy tale brought to life. Admission starts at $11. Find out more by visiting the Columbus Children’s Theatre’s official web site.
- Delaware Arts Festival – May 17-18, Historic Downtown Delaware: Make this event an all-day affair! This open-air festival features fine arts and crafts, live entertainment, food, children’s activities and a dog parade. Click here to learn more about the festival.
- Rock on the Range – May 16-18, Crew Stadium: Rock on at the nation’s biggest and most-acclaimed rock festival! See acts such as Guns N Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Kid Rock, Motorhead and many more. Visit the official web site for more information and to purchase tickets.
- Zoombezi Bay Opening Weekend – May 17-18, Zoombezi Bay: Take everyone to Zoombezi Bay to celebrate opening weekend! Enjoy the park’s 17 waterslides, wave pool, lazy river and more without the crazy lines. Learn more here.
What are your plans for May? Are you attending any of these events? Let us know by leaving a comment!