5 Ways to Make Your Home Stand Out – It’s officially summer time, which means it’s selling season! If you’re planning on putting your home on the market this summer, you’re not alone. With the large amount of other listings on the market, how does your home compete and stand out? We’ve put together a list of tips that can help create a lasting first impression and have your home sold in no time!
Here are five tips for making your home stand out:
- Start from the outside. The exterior of your home is the first thing potential buyers see, so you have to make it count. Freshen up the paint and make sure the lawn is well-trimmed, and add a little hominess with a floral hanging basket, welcome mat or porch swing.
- Cut the clutter. Potential buyers want to be able to picture themselves living in the house, so clear out unnecessary items and most personal items like photos, knick-knacks, etc. Keep enough so the house doesn’t look stark. Getting rid of that stuff also makes your home look bigger, which is another plus with home buyers!
- Freshen things up. It’s amazing how a fresh coat of paint, new light fixtures and a few minor repairs can brighten up a small or outdated room. Take the time to do these little improvements that can make a huge difference.
- Tidy up. When’s the last time you’ve scrubbed your floors or deep-cleaned your kitchen? Chances are, it’s been a while. Start things off right by cleaning your home from top to bottom so potential buyers can see it at its best.
- Don’t forget your floors. Many buyers are deterred by the idea of having to spend extra money improving a home, so you’ll get the best return on your investment if you make those repairs yourself. Replace worn carpet or damaged tile, and make sure your wood floors are up to par.
Have you decided to put your home on the market this summer? What tips can you share for making your home stand out? Comment to share with us.